Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Auto switch to drafting

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBOLD

Mechanical
Jan 15, 2009
US
I'm not sure if this was answered or if anyone else has experienced this but every time I open a file NX jumps to drafting.
I am positive the file was not saved in drafting so I am not sure why it is auto jumping to drafting.
This is an annoyance but I have learned to live with it.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

it should work as you describe, NX will/should store what application was active when you save the file and return to that when loading this file.
I do not know of any option to change this except saving the file in the "other" application active.

Regards,
Tomas

Never try to teach a pig to sing. I wastes your time and it annoys the pig.:)

I think that behavior is able to be set by the user, probably in what used to called Customer Defaults.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-'Product Evangelist'
Irvine, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

The secret of life is not finding someone to live with
It's finding someone you can't live without

On this same subject, we are in NX1872. Is it possible to set it up to stay in whatever application you are already in when you open a new part?

We have modellers who will have an assembly open that they need to make changes to and the details were already drafted. When they switch to one of those details to make changes, it will automatically switch them to drafting because that is where the part was saved. They would much rather have it just open the part in whatever application they are currently in if this is possible.

Ken
My brain is like a sponge. A sopping wet sponge. When I use it, I seem to lose more than I soak in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back