Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Balloon and Attribute Newbie Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdvantageDesign

Automotive
May 19, 2005
US
1. I'm coming from Mechanical Desktop and am new to UG. I managed to create a parts list and used autoballoon to number my parts. I can not move the leader attachment point. The autoballoon is done on an isometric view and is causing leaders to pass through multiple parts.

2. I have created an assembly file from 20 customer supplied parts. All the individual parts have assigned attributes. Is there a way to access the individual part attributes in order to manually create ID Symbols. I don't know if this is even possible. When I tried to attach part attribute info through the annotation editor, the attribute info was not available.

Thanks,
Joe

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

GO TO
INSERT
SYMBOL
ID SYMBOL
to attach leaders to specific areas of parts. Leave text field blank.
then update parts list. Numbers/letters are generated automatically inside the symbol.

When your in the annotation editor click the OBJECT ATTRIBUTE BUTTON, then select the actual part in your assembly navigator, a dialog box will pop up with the attributes you can insert for that part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back