Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Balloon Annotation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lars1978

Mechanical
Dec 30, 2015
NL
When attaching a balloon I get the following (see attachment)

The start of the balloon line is somewhere on an extentenden line off the selected line ?

I'd like the arrow on the position where I selected the line.

Attachment is made in NX10.0.3.5 MP10 native

Kind regards,

Lars
Capture_lf97l9.png

Lars
NX10.0.3.5 native
Solid Edge
Inventor

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The release of NX 10 messed with the default selection stage.

I found it easiest to just manually advance the menu.

Under the "Leader" pull down within the "Balloon menu. Click "Select Terminating Object" prior to selecting the item you want the leader to terminate at, this will stop that annoying drag line.

I can't wait for this item to be addressed.

scout67

If I understand correctly this has to be done with every balloon you want to manually place ?

Lars
NX10.0.3.5 native
Solid Edge
Inventor

Unfortunately, yes. You must click "Select Terminating Object" prior to selecting the item which you want to balloon.

If anyone knows of a way to alter the default condition of the balloon menu, please share it.

There is no need for this extra "select terminating object",
I admit that the interaction needs some "special touch", but here's how it works:
1) Click balloon feature ( open dialog to create the balloon.)
2) position the cursor on the line you want the arrow on
3) press MB1 and drag mouse away from line, -as long as MB1 is pressed the arrow will slide along the line
as soon as you release MB1( but no-click) the arrow will stop sliding but the balloon still dragging.
4) If you like to slide the arrow more along the line, press the shift key and continue move the cursor.
5) click MB1 to place the ballon.

When you are moving a balloon, without opening any dialog, Position the cursor on top, press MB1 and drag.
If you combine the drag with shift key, it will again slide along the selected object.

Regards,
Tomas

Tomas,

Thnx for the response. I've been using your method. The problem is that when selecting a line of a component the arrow sort of slips away on an extension line. See the pic in the first message.

So when i'm in you step 2 the extension line is created an the arrow is positioned on this line instead of the position I was
"clicking"

Regards,

Lars

Lars
NX10.0.3.5 native
Solid Edge
Inventor

Aha, I have not seen that behavior.
Will the "drag with Shift key pressed" move the arrow back to the desired position ?

Is this happening in all your files or is it just this one ?

Regards,
Tomas

3) press MB1 and drag mouse away from line, -as long as MB1 is pressed the arrow will slide along the line
as soon as you release MB1( but no-click) the arrow will stop sliding but the balloon still dragging.

That is the behavior I would like to be able to control. When I select a component I tend to select it where I want the arrow to terminate.

The easiest solution for me, is to click the "select terminating point" prior to selecting the component.

Ok, i see the issue.
but if you learn to release quickly after selection the arrow will stay close to the selected position...?

I guess that the enhancement to be able to use the Shift key to slide the arrow somewhat counteracts the enhancement.

Regards,
Tomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back