Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Body Color not behaving like it should?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PintoBeans

Mechanical
May 13, 2008
US
I am using NX6.0.1.5 MP 1, when I subtract a tool body from a target body the new surface created isn't reacting the way that it did in previous versions (NX4, NX5). I have my boolean face properties set up this way:
"Customer Defaults"-->Modeling-->General-->"Display Properties Source" Tab, under "Boolean Faces", "Target Body" button is selected. Please see the attached picture also.

The problem I am experiencing in NX6 is when I create a sheet body (through curve mesh, through curves, etc.) then try to sew these sheets into a solid body or "Patch" to an existing body the boolean maintains the original color of the sheet body. This happens even though I've designated in the customer defaults for the boolean faces to take on the display properties of the Target body. Has anyone else experienced this behavior? I never saw this behavior until I started using NX6. Others in our design group have also experienced this on multiple parts. I know this isn't part specific.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I tested this in NX 6.0.2.6 and it works as expected (and as it does in NX 5). However that being said, make sure that the 'Boolean Face Properties From' has not been changed at...

Preferences -> Modeling -> General

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
NX Design
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back