Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Boiler tube analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

bslaney

Mechanical
Mar 26, 2003
CA
I want an analysis performed on a tube sample that was removed from a superheater. I am looking for some names and addresses of reputable facilities who specialize in boiler tube analysis.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Nalco (it's their name again) has a metallugical lab just outside Chicago which will do your analysis (for a fee, of course) -- we have used it on a few occassions, very knowledgeable, very detailed report; they were our chemical supplier for power boilers...
I would assume that the other large chemical suppliers to the utility and other markets would have a similar service -- as unclesyd advised, visit with your chemical supplier

Morning, you can contact the Naval Surface Warfare Center Ship Systems Engineering Station code 922 (NSWC SSES) Phil. Pa. They have some of the best boiler engineers around. They can be contracted to do just about anything or can direct you to someone who can. What are you suspecting the problem is with the superheater tube?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back