Calculation sheet 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomster88

Mechanical
Sep 20, 2004
NL
Excuse me,

I am looking for a calculation sheet or a calculation sequence according to the "ASME VIII D1 MA APP 2 2002" of a bolted flange joint (welding neck with raised face). This is because I am not familiar with these kind of calculations and such a sheet can help me very much. and does this calculation take external forces and loads in account? If not,, what does?

Is there somebody who can help me?
Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can run Appendix 2 calculations online here:

A general overview of Appendix 2 calculations and a conservative method to account for external forces is available in Chapter 10 of this publication:

ASME is also in the process of developing a procedure to run flange calculations that account for external forces in the upcoming Non-Mandatory Appendix BFJ.

-Christine

If you are interested in more detailed calculations, including calculation of flange leakage rates, and a more accurate way of assessing the effect of external loads on a flange, there is a computer code that is sold I believe by Dr. Koves, KFLANGE. Not sure of any commercial venue, but you can probably track down Bill Koves, ASME B31.3 Chairman, through ASME.

Thnx everybody! This was very helpfull, But does somebody also have a calculatonsheet or something simular according to the DIN 2505 or/and AD 2000 Merkblatt B7-B8? this would help me very much! As you can notice my experience in Flange-calculation is almost northing because it is not my area.
Hope you can help me!

Thanks,

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back