Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Can't change Crazy Colors for Solid Bodies in Specification Drawing Model 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnon

Mechanical
Jul 23, 2016
US
I just deleted an old step file for a OEM part and imported a new one for a revision. The Model file is all one color but when I look at the same model used in the Specification Drawing it has the Crazy Colors shown in the attachment. I tried selecting the bodies and changing colors with "Edit Object Display", "Apply to All Faces of Select Body" checked but no change occurs. Also tried selecting the Component in the Specification and un-checked "Specific Component Color"

Any Ideas?

NX version 1863
Teamcenter 12

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=b7550e83-f5ce-466a-9029-8a696311b64d&file=Crazy_Colors.jpg
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Edit -> Object display -> filter only faces so that is all that will be selected when picked -> select a new color

Then I would ask the person who made the crazy colors what they were smoking when they did that.

The original looks like it was made in ProE or one of the siblings of it.

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1961

Tried filtering faces with Edit Object Display and still can't change any colors.

It's not really a problem, just curious and don't want anyone to think I did it on purpose.

Menu -> preferences -> visualization ->color -> geometry -> turn off the "random color display" option.

Also, after importing geometry from STEP or IGES, I suggest running "optimize face". This will clean up minor geometry errors and combine the split cylindrical faces.

www.nxjournaling.com

That's it! Thx... been on NX since UG-V6 and never used that. Of course that means I'm old too, may have just forgot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back