Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CATIA: importing data with excel macro (problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.

george27

Aerospace
May 17, 2009
DE
Hello,

I know this topic has been dealt with ad nauseam, but I am unable to import data from excel. Every time I attempt to run the macro (from GDS_PointSplineLoftFromExcel) I get the following error message: "Object does not support this property or method". Does anyone know what the problem might be?
In case I am doing something wrong, here is my procedure: opened a new part in CATIA, changed to Wireframe and surface design, opened the excel file, enabled macros, put in my data, ran the macro. Even if I try to run it with the example data I get the same message.
Any help would be much appreciated!

G.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

What are you trying to import? Points? Or what exactly you want to do?

Regards
Fernando
cadromania.net - Romanian CAD forums

Yes, I'm trying to import points (x,y,z coordinates). Ideally I'd like to get a spline directly, but even just the points would be good...

where did you get the Excel file from and which level of CATIa are you using (R18,19,20)?

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

The excel file is included in the CATIA "package", under intel_a/code/command. I have tried with both R19 and R20 (on different pcs) and and obtained the same error message.

Personally I preferred to modify another script to achieve this task (CATScript running directly from CATIA), indeed those files are not working for me also, I suspect is something wrong with my Excel, I should reinstall MSOffice but I don't have time right now to do this.

Regards
Fernando
cadromania.net - Romanian CAD forums

Hi george27!

did you fix your problem. I also have the same problem, with this message telling "Object does not support this property or method". The point is that when I try to import a point from the Excel file it is fine, but when I try to create a spline or a surface from them I cannot. I have already seen that more people had the same problem, and actually some of them changed the Excel file which comes with the documentation...

Any idea what has changed or what should I correct from it?

Hello L3munoz,

No, I never did sort out the problem. After many fruitless attempts, I used a different macro I found on the internet, and that did the trick. I'd be happy to send it to you (can't remember the website...) if you like. I'd also be very interested to hear it, if you do find a solution!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back