Chamfer Callout on Through Hole in Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrett Green

Mechanical
May 18, 2022
US
Hello,

I recently changed a part for my company and we are going to start putting a backside chamfer on a hole that is cross drilled through a tube. My dilemma is I can not figure out how to dimension this properly!

I am attaching an image of the part in question and the only way I can really think to dimension it. However, I know this is insufficient because I have no real way of showing to which axis the 30° is in relation to.

We machine the part usually and I send .STP files to any outside company who may create it so we can manage without the all the information on the print but I would rather learn how to do this properly if someone is able to help!

Thank you in advance!

Screenshot_2024-02-07_071226_vbtjhs.png
Screenshot_2024-02-07_071359_weph7b.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thank you for the quick response rothers!

I actually figured it out. I think I was just overthinking it, I am still able to section the other way and dimension properly using an angled callout. For some reason I was so sure that it would not allow me to, or not show properly. I thought I had tried and found it not working but it is now.

Thank you again for your help. I will probably delete this post since there was no real problem, just me overthinking an issue!

Yes it is a thru hole. To cut the chamfer we use a dovetail cutter with a reduced neck diameter. If you look one of those up you will understand how they are used. You put it through to the back side then pull up to machine along your path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back