Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Close ACAD dwg w/o save

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuergenL

Mechanical
Dec 15, 2004
US
How do I close an ACAD drawing without saving it?

We are plotting many read-only drawings which we open via Windows Explorer. We have a button made which sets all print parameters, plots and closes. I can then look at and print the next drawing.

Unfortunately, since the print parameters were changed ACAD asks, for each drawing, if I want to save. Is there any way around it?

Along the same line is there a way to open all of them as read-only without being asked for each individually?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What version of ACAD are you using? 2005 publish works farely well once you figure it out. It can still be a little buggy, but I would say after 2 wks of use I can get a consistent product 99% of the time. Not bad compared to 2000i which took more like 3 mos. at which point I built a manual :)

We use ACAD 2004.
Our local guru answered the question of closing w/o save. However opening in Explorer without being asked for each file is still an open question. Of course you open from within ACAD as read only and then are not asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back