Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CNC Program I, J , K Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddhikasriw

Mechanical
Jan 23, 2015
LK
Hi,

I'm using custom NX Post Processor for fanuc controller and some times when I Post Process the NC program through NX -9 with my Custom post processor following error massage give the Machine.

"the coordinate of I or J or K of arc near 29306 is conflict with end point coordinate!"

Can someone know what is this problem ?

Thank you,
Buddhika

Mechanical/Design Engineer
RapiD 3D

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

My guess would be a rounding error where the end point isn't on the circle. If you plot the start point, end point and center of the offending move, you should be able to see it. You might be able to simply increase the digits after the decimal point.

Thank you for the reply Jhon2015

Then how do I increase the decimal digit in post Processor or CNC machine controller reading?

Thank you,
Buddhika

Take a look at opening the post processor in Post Builder. Go to N/C Data Definitions, Format, Coordinate and change the digits there. You can also look at Machine Tool, General Parameters, Linear Motion Resolution. Whether this is the problem and if your machine will accept more digits isn't something I can answer. The Post Builder Help files are helpful.
Good Luck

Thanks,John2025
I check the post builder and attached the main setting that you asked to check.
And I change Coordinate decimal place to 4 digit (Previously 3). I attached some images for any correction need to made that you feel and that will great help to me.

Thank you,
Buddhika

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=ca857a2a-5980-469e-8bc7-2405addc3f2f&file=Machine_Tool_current_setting.png
Sorry all images attached here

Coordinate_Digit_vb9ub0.png

Digit_2_4_Option_nf5qjk.png

Machine_Tool_current_setting_hkbz0u.png

Thank you,
Buddhika

Well, I'm not GTAC and don't purport to be an expert, but if it was me, first I'd find the offending spot in the file and check to see if rounding has anything to do with it. If your coordinates are off by less than your precision, then I'd change the digits on the "Coordinate" to 4 and the "Linear Motion Resolution" to .0001". Then test it on the offending job and see if it changed the coordinates. I also recall having a situation where the length and radius were so small it caused trouble. I remember a setting somewhere that set the smallest arc move and anything smaller would switch to linear. I don't remember where that setting is, though. It's been a long time since I've had to mess with all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back