collapsible mandrel for filament winding

Status
Not open for further replies.

dravid

Aerospace
Mar 15, 2003
PK
Hi,

i want some references regarding the collapsible mandrel for filament wound pressure vessel.

i am interested in such tooling which can be removed easily from the vessel after winding.

Any comment will be highly appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi dravid (Aerospace) and Team members

REFERENCE BOOK.

User's Guide to ASME Standards for Fiberglass Tanks and Vessels ASME SECTION X
by Peter J. Conlisk and John E. Niesse
MTI Publication No. 50
ISBN 1-57698-005-7
Materials Technology Institute of Chemical Process Industries, Inc
1215 Fern Ridge Parkway, Suite 116
St. Louis, MO 63141-4401
tel 314 576 7712
fax 314 576-6078

User’s Guide to ASME Standards for Fiberglass
Tanks and Vessels

MTI Publication No. 50

Peter J. Conlisk and John E. Niesse

An essential primer for everyone involved with FRP equipment , especially for process industry uses. The only instruction book specifically written to help engineers specify fiberglass (FRP) tanks and vessels to ASME RTP-1 - 1995 Edition, Reinforced Thermoset Plastic Corrosion Resistant Equipment, and Section X of the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Fiber-Reinforced Plastic Pressure Vessels. Gives detailed examples using actual UBRS (User’s Basic Requirement Specification) forms in RTP-1 and design specifications required in Section X.

RTP-1 includes six How-To-Do-It examples, with engineering drawings, for vertical, vented, flat-bottomed storage tank, vertical dished bottom surge tank, vertical dished bottom reactor, vertical, agitated vessel, box-shaped plating tank and absorber (scrubber).

Section X has three How-To-Do-It examples, with engineering drawings, for horizontal surge vessel, and packed column.

This book includes a history of RTP-1 and Section X plus fiber-reinforced plastic technology: Resins, fibers, corrosion resistance, filament wound and contact molded laminates, and hand-layup and joining fabrication.

1996 by MTI, 81/2" x 11", hardcover, 144 pages, 24 figures, 1 table, 6 chapters, preface, references, glossary of terms, and index.

User's Basic Requirement Specification, ASME RTP-1-1995 ASME.

I hope this will help your

Leonard Thill

Thanks isthill,

Do you have any idea how to prepare metal (collapsible) /non metal mandrel for the ASTM D 2585 test bottle. I am looking for some book or refrence to construct mandrel for filament winded pressure vessel.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back