Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

CONTACT SHELL MEMBRANE WITH SOLID, HOW?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

leo81

Bioengineer
Dec 6, 2007
BE
Hello,

how can I create a contact between a membrane and a beam?
I want to put a membran on a beam, fix them on one side and apply gravity. I don't understand because it doesn't run also if i define interactions and interaction properties.
COuld please someone help me?

Thanks a lot.

L.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Mohammad,

The file runned but i have this wornings:

The thickness is considered by default in the tied pair (assembly__pickedsurf41,assembly__pickedsurf40). To ignore thickness, specify the 'no thickness' parameter in the definition of *tie.

For *tie pair (assembly__pickedsurf41-assembly__pickedsurf40), adjusted nodes with very small adjustments were not printed. Specify *preprint,model=yes for complete printout.

Boundary conditions are specified on inactive dof of 5 nodes. The nodes have been identified in node set WarnNodeBCInactiveDof.

If you could please watch the file....
It is a really simple problem but....;)

Do you know what means to create a skin as well? Could I make the samething only by the solid part defining on one of its surface a shell membrane? I have to match to complex geometries:
1 solid
2 membrane

thanks a lot

L.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=3d26656d-2b6f-4a49-8ae8-ec05d28104d8&file=BM01.inp
Hi Mohammed, you are really kind

I tried to run the simulation with quadratic elements but it doesn't run...and also if you apply a load of 30 it doesn't converge....do youknow why?

I'd like simulate large deformations of this kind of structures.

Another question: is it possible to build a membrane on one face of a solid element like the beam starting from the nodes of the beam?
My problem is to assemlby perfectly on a complex geometry the mesh of the solid with the membrane.

Thank you very much.

..thanks another time for the file..:)

bye

Leo

This is the first warning:

A slave surface definition has been defined on a face of element 1 instance part-2-1 that contains no midface node. This may lead to convergence difficulties. The element type will be converted and a midface node generated automatically. The element number will be unchanged. See the output from the preprocessor to confirm the new element and node definitions. This message will not be repeated if subsequent elements of this surface are converted

and then it says:

The system matrix has 4 negative eigenvalues.

The system matrix has 1 negative eigenvalues.

The system matrix has 2 negative eigenvalues.

:)

Thank you very much!!!

i take advantage of your kindness: do you know how to create a prestress in a membrane by abaqus cae?

cheers,

Leo

Leo,
you have to define rebars and use *PRESTRESS parameter in it. if it is a new thread, please create a new one and attach your model to be considered..

Good Luck,

Mohammad Shahbazi
shahbazi@omranafzar.com
----------------------------------
Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back