Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Customer Defaults Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKKing

Mechanical
Sep 12, 2014
US
thread561-320528
After reading the information in the attached thread, I was wanting to ask John if there is a way to export the information from the find defaults window so that it can be compared between two different versions. We are getting ready to upgrade from 7.5 to 9 and I am trying to find a good way to compare the two customer defaults to ensure that I get the settings currently in 7.5 into 9 and then review all the new settings in 9 that are new.
What you have provided on how to use the information in this view is great, just was wanting to see if it could be used outside of the NX program.

Thanks,
Kevin King

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

When in the customer defaults, there is an icon for "manage current settings" (in the top right corner, icon looks like an eyeball(?) with an arrow sticking out of it) click this button and a new dialog will open. The new dialog will have an option to "export all defaults to spreadsheet" (looks like an excel icon on the right side of the dialog).

www.nxjournaling.com

Thanks for the info. I will take a look at this setting this afternoon.

You can also use the Import Defaults option from "Manage Current Settings". Select the NX 7.5 site dpv file and it will import your settings into NX 9. It will also pop up a report about the settings in the current release vs the old one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back