Cut-Away View on Sketch Plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

catiaUSR

Aerospace
Apr 9, 2014
US
Hey Guys

I have a sketch plane that intersects a solid body. In Catia there's a button that automatically creates a section view when you sketch on that plane, so that your view is not obstructed by the body's matl. Is there a similar option or button in SolidWorks?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi SolidAir

That is what I'm looking for... but I don't want to have to manually create a section view every time I am working on a plane within a body.

Say, for example, I have a long cylinder. If I create a plane that intersects the cylinder and then I create a sketch on that plane, is there function that automatically cuts the view to what I'm looking at? I can't believe I have manually create a view for it.

Whatever plane you have active will be the section plane when you simply click the Section View tool. Not sure what it is you actually need, but this will leave you looking at a bona fide section view from your chosen plane. If you want to get sectional geometry from this (meaning your Sketch Plane), you can use Intersection Curve, and well as Convert Entities.

ok, thanks for the help everyone

i'm definitely going to add a custom keyboard short cut to make it a little easier.

i'm still working on my transition. gracias!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back