Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

db_Part_Description not showing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bishbosh

Mechanical
Sep 12, 2003
GB
NX 4.0.4.2
Teamcenter 2005

I am working on a large assembly, and need to load it with 'No Components' I have to search through sub-assemblies to find the parts to open. Some parts(not all) are listed in the ANT with the 'db_part_desc' the same as the 'Descritive Part Name' in this case an 8 digit numerical number. It is not until the part is opened in the ANT that the db_part_desc changes to the correct name.
Load options are set at 'Latest Working'

Thanks,

Andy

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Andy

This is because your stucture is out of date, if when you open the assembly with no components you hover your cursor over the very top level, right click and select update structure and all levels it should sort you out.

However if you assembly is a massive assembly like many of ours are (50,000 parts +) then this will takek all day and you would want to set it running over night. Once the structure has been updated, save the very top level of the assembly and then each time you open up the assembly with no components, hey presto, the DB_PART_NAMES will show. YOu must then make sure you structure is kept up to date.

Cheers

Simon.

Best regards

Simon (NX4.0.4.2 MP10 - TCEng 9.1.3.6.c)

Life shouldn't be measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of times when it's taken away...

What appears to occur is that the assemblies retain a kind of snapshot memory of the component's names and attribute as "Last Saved" so it is important to do as Simon says and update your structure then save your assemblies. If you have a master assembly updating the structure from the top down may not correct each of the sub assemblies unless they are saved individually. A save all may be in order.

Before you ask it does take a little time to perform an update structure. Earlier versions of UG used to perform something like this on the fly. Don't wish for it back; it was changed away from that I suspect principally because you'd typically crash a machine before you'd open the bigger assemblies of the time.

Best Regards

Hudson

www.jamb.com.au

Nil Desperandum illegitimi non carborundum

I have tried your suggestion... Operation failed giving error message 'An error occurred while calling an FCC Proxy Function' I've pushed it onto IT support.
Thanks for your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back