Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Design Library Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunT

Mechanical
May 29, 2005
US
Hello,

We have the our library components/ purchased components stored in the Design Library folder on a Server. We used to able to drag n drop the components into assemblies without any problem.

But now one of my designers is having a weird error while he tries to drag n drop some of the components:

" Failed to drop Palette Feature. The drop site or Palette Feature is not appropriate".

What is weird is it happening to only one guy and on just some of the parts.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I thought I read somewhere that a multibodied part will not work this way. Maybe I was thinking of something else?

Chris
Systems Analyst, I.S.
SolidWorks 06 4.1/PDMWorks 06
AutoCAD 06
ctopher's home (updated 10-27-06)

Is it always the same parts which will not drop?
Is it always the same assy that parts will not drop into?
Are all computers using the same SW version and SP?
Is the 'rogue' computer running ACAD or any Add-ins that the others aren't?

[cheers]

CBL,

The problem is interminent. It looks like the subset of the parts that are getting dropped is decreasing. I have created some new test assemblies just to test dragn drop. The problem exists independent of the assemblies. Yes,all the computers have same SW and SP. Yes the rogue computer is having ACAD but so do some of the other computers.

Chris,

It is not related to Multi-body parts.

Scott,
It looks like thats the way to go.

Thanks guys for the help.

" Failed to drop Palette Feature. The drop site or Palette Feature is not appropriate".

Solution = Click on the folder in the design library and disable the option "Forming tools folder"

Regards
MabeXperts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back