Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DIN & ANSI Flanges 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian2

Mechanical
Mar 13, 2002
CA
Dear Folks;

I have some Chinese manufactured pumps, one of which has 50 and 32 mm DIN style flange connections. Can anyone steer me to a good website or resource for DIN pump flange dimensions?

I have tried looking at a list of standard 50mm DIN PN6 loose flanges but the bolt circle and bolt dia dont match the flanges on my pump.

I would like to mate these things to North American ANSI flanges. Does anyone know if any of the DIN pump flange connections are straight conversions from thei ANSI counterparts ?

Many thanks in advance for your consideration

Adrian D.
aaadrafting.com

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

din and ansi flanges does not mach as such. You can however drill a din flange to ansi standard so that the holes match. The din din flange is however thinner for the same pressure rating. This mean that you may have to do extra stress check on your flange

With regards to data: Try you local standard provider

Best regards

Morten

Dear Torricelli and Morten;

Many thanks for your advice. I tried the Sandvik link and printed the catalog. It appears the chinese pump must have a proprietary flange style because the hole dia and bolt circle still dont match DIN specs although the inlet and outlet diameter are standard DIN sizes (ie 40 and 65 mm)

The drilling idea is practical, by drilling an ansi bolt circle with holes at 45 degrees to the existing holes I should be able to bolt on an ANSI flange.

Thanks Again

Adrian

Adrian

Just remeber what i said with regards to nozzle loads: The flange on the punmp might be thinner and thus need an extra check with regards to nozzle loads.

Best regards

Morten

Dear Morten;

The inlet and outlet flange on the pump is stamped 304 stainless steel, approx. 2mm thick. The pump itself is a deep drawn stamping, but the wall thickness is 1.5mm

I will pass your reccomendations over to the engineer. Although it is understood that this pump will never be used for anything but light duty service and the max loads will likely never be reached.

Thanks!

Adrian

I have to ask the obvious question here, at least in my mind. WHY don't you just get 1 each DIN flange to mate up to the connection(s) on the pump, then weld either your piping or pipe fittings to that? That way you won't have to fool around trying to modify a non-fitting flg. to made do? Seems to me to be the "easiest" thing to do. My 2 cents! ...Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back