Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Distance between on- and off- ramps

Status
Not open for further replies.

moltonian

Mechanical
May 9, 2002
GB
I'd be grateful for a link to information (e.g. highway Dept. design rules) about recommmended minimum distance along a freeway from an on-ramp to the next off-ramp.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Te AASHTO "Green Book" (A Policy on the geometric design...) has a section on this, but it's not on line. Any good engineering library should have a copy.

Check your state's DOT's website. NY and CT have their state highway design manuals on line. Others may, too.

Thanks for your helpful message. I'm in the UK but thanks to Google I found the NY DOT site in seconds, and its highway design manual told me more than I wanted to know ! (Does each state have its own manual ? Are they different ?)

I only know about NY, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania. They all have their own manuals. NY's is loosely based on the AASHTO book mentioned earlier, which is written by a committee of reperesentatives of all 50 state DOT's.

Your Ministry of Transport probably has its own standards, which may or may not be the same as NY's. I'd assume the principles are the same, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back