Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dr Abe Blank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfredthegreat

Mechanical
Sep 24, 2014
US
I am having a little trouble with Dr. Abe_blank. I recently imported the cut conditions from the our laser (FO3015NT) and when I try nesting the pull down menu for Laser Material Name omits some of the cut conditions that I know are downloaded.

Thanks for any help

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have fun... Hope someone can answer.
I have and LOVE Metalsoft...but they need a lot of work on their customer relations. Not sure if they have become any better since Amada took over. I have had many fights "Verbal abuse" from them over the years.
One example (I have many if you want to hear more).... I call for a simple question and hit a wall of "You need to sign up for maintenance "phone" support" in order for us to answer that question" OK understood... So I sign up. So now they have my (I think it was $750) so I can get an answer. Call back and ask the simple question again...(To the same person) Can or how do I open a PDF file in Metalsoft (This was a few years back when PDF files were just catching on) The answer I get NO (Really I have had/used Metalsoft for almost 15 years (buying most updates along the way)and I had to pay to get the answer of NO. Like I said good luck and I hope they have changed ways.

That has been pretty typical of what I have gotten from Amada. I called and asked them a question once and they said that we need to pay maintenance. Apparently the company I work for quit the maintenance because it didn't help. I figured out the last problem I this one is stumping me so far.

I imagine it groups cutting conditions according to material type and thickness - I wonder if there's some other factor in the cut condition that it is selecting by?
Is there some common factor among the conditions that will show?

(I've worked with various other software, but none of Amada's recent stuff)

Jay Maechtlen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back