Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drafting in NX 7.5 doesn't refresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cid1979

Automotive
Nov 21, 2009
US
I have been using UG/NX since version 18 so I am not a noob to the software, I am currently running windows 7 64 bit with the NX 7.5, We here built custom computers with latest hardware, graphic card is quadro fx 3800, problem is when in drafting part of my display disappears when ever I edit a section line or add text to my sheets. I have ran NX 7 on this same machine and it does not do it. I am constantly refreshing. Please see attached file that is just from editing section line. Any body got any ideas??? I talked to Gtac and they said it was a hardware problem, yet NX7 works fine on my machine.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Has "Preferences, Visualization Performance, General Graphics, Evaluate Graphics Performance" been run as the current user on the workstation using NX7.5?

Regards,

I have logged a PR for two of my customers with a similar problem that appears on 32 & 64bit NX7.5. In drafting if you pan or zoom the sheet, lines/edges etc will disappear and the only way to fix is the regen work. I have tested on 4 of my boxes and the same occurs so it's not a hardware issue.

My advice to anyone who has an issue, is to record a video from inside NX (Tools -> Movie)and send that to GTAC to explain the problem. In your case, set the capture area to "Desktop" and record a session showing the problem occuring in NX7.5 and not in NX7 side by side. I always do that if I find a regression of some kind.

It might also pay to check if there is an updated graphics driver for the card you have. Drivers can sometimes make a difference.

Anthony Galante
Support Manager/IT Admin
PLM Australasia Pty Ltd
NX4.0.4MP10, NX5.0.0->5.0.6, NX6.0.0->NX6.0.5, NX7.0.0->NX7.0.1 & NX7.5.0.32

John,

Can you explain to me the PR priorities? I'm happy to take this discussion of the forum and into emails.

Anthony Galante
Support Manager/IT Admin
PLM Australasia Pty Ltd
NX4.0.4MP10, NX5.0.0->5.0.6, NX6.0.0->NX6.0.5, NX7.0.0->NX7.0.1 & NX7.5.0.32

Thanks everybody I am glad it's not hardware related and I even told Gtac that I didn't think it was my hardware, it seems to me that it's a escape goat for them since I have a custom box to just say it's a hardware problem, I have installed the latest drivers and still no fix, I have sent a movie over to Gtac so they are aware of the problem, And at least now with namdaci45 logging PRs to they are aware of the problem and they can get it fixed.

John Baker,

Then why is Gtac telling me it's a hardware related problem when in fact it's not? I would like to email you all the emails I have from Gtac saying it's hardware related and them telling me they couldn't help me cause I had a custom box, that is why I said what I said in my previous post.

I couldn't tell you why. All I know is that we discovered this problem internally and I was one of the people who first opened a PR (of course, I don't have to go through GTAC as I can open them directly). I verified yesterday with one of the leaders in that group that the fix this was in progress and would almost certainly make the NX 7.5.1.x MR.

And before you ask, if there is an MP, this is NOT the type of issue which would be a candidate since it in NO way effects the integrity of the part model nor does it have a significant impact on productivity since it does not force the user to have to depend on a complex workaround in order to accomplish his desired task(s).

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

I have the same problem but we are working with NX 6.0.5. When you for example zoom in to a view, add some balloons, and then zoom out, not all lines are visible. After refresh/update, the lines will be visible again.

It started happening when we installed MP1. Does anyone else has this problem with NX 6.0.5?

Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards,
Roy Munnichs

John Bakker,

I wonder if you can help please. I have one Windows XP 64Bit machine that does not want to take the NX 7.5.1 update but all my other machines do. It keeps on giving me Error -1.

I have basically checked everything and all looks well. NX 7.5 works and I have tried uninstalling NX and reinstalling again but still the same. So before I redo the pc completely I thought let me see if someone could assist or if someone has seen this error before?

I have include an attachment indicating the error.

Best Regards,

Gary Gasson.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=8052aa8c-b17b-4adf-911c-3afe21ac5c88&file=UGS.png
Make sure that you're installing the correct Maintenance Release. By that I mean, if you installed a 64-bit version of NX 7.5.0 make sure that you're installing the 64-bit version of the NX 7.5.1 MR. One quick way to check to see which version of NX was originally installed, check to see if it's in the C:\Program Files folder (which is where the 64-bit executables are supposed to be) or the C:\Program Files (x86) folder (which is where the 32-bit executables are supposed to be).

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Hi John,

I have checked and it is installed under c:\Program Files\UGS folder. I think that the 32-bit version could have been installed on the machine once before but has been removed and then 64-bit was installed. Could this have cause the problem? Do you know of any total NX remover program which will remove NX completely so that I can try to re-install it again? As well a registry cleaner which works well for NX.

Best Regards,

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back