Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drafting templates 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyguy

Chemical
Jun 28, 2011
CA
Hi,

Are there drawing templates without the "Siemens" in the title block?

Is there a way to crate your own? If so what format is it saved as and which folder do I save it in?

Thanks

Hockeyguy

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Just make copies of the supplied templates and edit them to meet your requirements.

Note that in the next version of NX we will be supplying a more complete set of tools which can be used to create, from scratch, Drawing Borders, including integrated Title Blocks containing smart text. Once created there will also be tools necessary to load these new files into the system so that they become your default Drawing Templates.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

It would be so helpful for me to have a complete "guide" how to make my own template file the right way.
My steps to do it until now:
1.File -> New -> Model -> Blank -> Drafting -> Standard size -> ok
2.Sketching the border, when ready, save as prt file.
3.Editing 'ugs_drawing_templates'
But it's not working well.
Can somebody help me?
Where i have to create my custom border? In modelling or in drafting? The standard templates in NX looks much pro, that i can create.
Is there a step by step tutorial from the first step, until I paste the template and start to create a drawing?
Thank you for your help.
And sorry for my bad english.

below are links to the video files I made a while ago that explain step by step what needs to be done.

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX4.0.4MP10, NX5.0.0->5.0.6, NX6.0.0->NX6.0.5, NX7.0.0->NX7.0.1 & NX7.5.0.32-> NX7.5.4.4, Beta NX8.0.0.23

no, the video files are too large when zipped. the rars are about 1/10th the size of a zip file.

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX4.0.4MP10, NX5.0.0->5.0.6, NX6.0.0->NX6.0.5, NX7.0.0->NX7.0.1 & NX7.5.0.32-> NX7.5.4.4, Beta NX8.0.0.23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back