Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Drafting to parting line

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonmwilson

Mechanical
Feb 23, 2010
US
I am working on a casting (see attached) and now trying to draft the body from the parting line on both sides. I have tried several times using "parting object" but keep getting an error. Is there an easier way to do this without remodeling the part? Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

if you are using NX8.5 then a new draft option (from plane or surface) is available which helps you give a draft from neutral surface and that too on both sides of the surface.
Otherwise the workaround is to Use divide faces (using divide face)of the body and then apply draft individually to each side (using From Edges).
Sorry i just noticed you have created it in NX7.5....So the second workaround should do...i will try it out tomorrow.
Best Regards
Kapil Sharma

Hi Jonmwilson,
Please find attached a ppt (i have created the model in NX8 but since you are on NX7.5 so i thought i can furnish a stepp by step process i followed).Quality of ppt may not be upto the mark.I used DRAFT (and not DRAFT BODY).
That being said i fully agree with dzupfrg NX8.5 draft enhancement is really good and will help you cut short your time and effort.
Best Regards
Kapil Sharma

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=93f8f1d5-9f9d-4f1f-94cc-f164cdbbf797&file=Draft.pptx
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back