Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

equal linear spacing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldbrodie

Mechanical
Nov 30, 2005
GB
hi dose anyone know how to equally space components over a set distance in a assembly. The linear pattern will not space equally over a set distance. This can take a huge amount of time doing this. any tips would be great

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You could use an Equation or formula in a Design Table to do that.
Downside to the DT method is that you will have to open & close the DT for it to update the model.

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites FAQ559-520
How to get answers to your SW questions FAQ559-1091

... are these worth learning ?
Are you kidding? These are extremely powerful tools when used properly & are definitely worth the time & effort to learn.

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites FAQ559-520
How to get answers to your SW questions FAQ559-1091

thanks CorBlimey

dont suppose you know of any good websites to learn these topics as i did try equations a while ago, but it got so complicated i gave up

Cheers

Open a design table. Let it autobuild the first one, but do it on a relatively simple part. It will put whatever dimensions in there that you want. The design table is an Excel spreadsheet. If you know Excel, you will be able to do just about whatever you want including rapidly creating families of parts (see Configurations).

I'm probably somewhere between a novice and an intermediate user when it comes to SW, but without design tables, I would probably still be using AutoCAD.

Donald - check the FAQ and Links section of this forum for a great number of resources.

Best Regards,

Heckler
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
SW2005 SP 5.0 & Pro/E 2001
Dell Precision 370
P4 3.6 GHz, 1GB RAM
XP Pro SP2.0
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1400
o
_`\(,_
(_)/ (_)

"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success." - Henry Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back