Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ERROR MASSAGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tchouk

Industrial
Sep 10, 2004
US
Since SW 2005 SP 1.1
I get the massage "unexpected file" when I save some assembly or drawing.
I click ok, the file finish to save and closed.
Does anybody have an idea?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I used to see similar things when a default file format was set to "read only" such as is found on a burned CD. Windows XP normally has enough sense to change that setting when copied to the hard drive from a CD--Windows 2000 sometimes does not, and this can cause strange errors of the sort you reported.

I'd recommend saving work on your local drive whenever possible, then updating the network when the modifications are complete. Of course, not everyone can do this--depends what your work environment and needs are.

Jeff Mowry
Reality is no respecter of good intentions.

Theo,

We work with a large library of parts that never change and are stored on the server as read only. We have been doing this since SW2001Plus and not had this error. It has only shown up since we went to SW2005 SP1.1. It doesn't seem to affect anything, SW just ignores it and goes on, or at least that is my experience with it so far.

mncad

I get sometimes "unexpected file format" error, when I do a save for a large assembly. Apparently SolidWorks is not affected, continues and finishes it's task successfully. I've first seen this error message in SW2005. Never happened in SW2004 or previous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back