Excel custom views

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyMultishape

Industrial
Jul 4, 2003
GB
Can anyone help?
How can i copy a worksheet that contains custom views (Print areas), so that the new worksheet has identical view settings referancing in the new sheet. (when i do this at the moment after copying the worksheet the veiws in the new worksheet default back to the original worksheet)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks for the tip

I am not copying,as in copy and pasting to a new sheet, but making a copy of the sheets on the bottom copy/move sht tab, i am not aware of any format controls for this, or are there some defualt format settings for use when copying.

No and No. There are no real formats for tab/sheet copy other than it should (I repeat, should) copy formats and all.

If it isn't, then RMB on the tab and insert new worksheet, then copy the existing worksheet to the new on (paste / paste specical). You will need to use the paste special function a couple of times to make sure that the columns and the format are correct.

Short of writing some code to do it (unless you do this alot), this is about the only way I know of.

ByDesign Thanks

Really thought this had cracked it, but unfortunatly it still doesn't work for custom views, they remain greyed out throughout the process.

Thanks again for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back