Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FE Programs vs Vibration

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucsax

Civil/Environmental
Jul 19, 2002
IT
I'm interested in railway and road vibration ground borne vibration (vibrations produced by traffics and railways in the sourrondings). I'm looking for a suitable FE program to do some simulations, can anybody give me a good hint? By now I've done some experiences with ls-dyna and Lusas.
Thank you very much for your help

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

As a civil engineer, you probably realize from the soil mechanics classes that soil does not behave like a Hookes law material. It is horrible. There has been a great deal of research into modeling soil, but I have yet to find anything that is generally applicable. There are simple models that use a matrix of springs and dashpots, but that isn't really how it behaves. My interest was to look at the vibration generated by a high speed train / gen set on a semiconductor factory. Some researchers at Berkley have developed their own codes for predicting vibration propagation through soil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back