Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FEMAP "Ghost" Geometry

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayhari

Aerospace
Dec 22, 2011
US
Hello all,

I am currently having issues with creating and modifying geometry... specifically creating points within a model in FEMAP 10.1.1. I create a point offset 2.0" from an existing point, however the point does not show up on my screen. I have tried the following to attempt to fix the problem, with no success:

(1) Restart FEMAP
(2) Regenerate model (Ctrl+G)
(3) Show Full Model (All Groups)
(4) Show All Layers
(5) Clear the no-pick layer

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Does anyone know how to resolve this issue. Thanks and let me know if you need any additional information. I appreciate your help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

ajayhari,

Make sure you're viewing the whole model, not just an active group. If your group viewing settings do not have automatic add enabled, the new entity you've created is not in the active group, and hence, does not show.

tg

Hello!,
Surely your active layer is not visible, then when creating new entities do not show on screen. Simply click with the right-mouse-button (RMB) on "Layers > View all layers".

Make sure all groups are visible, click RMB on "Groups > Show Full Model".

If not success, click on icon "Reset all Visibility Options", this is the most effective resource, this icon is one of the 5 icons located under "MODEL INFO" words, the third position, OK?.

Best regards,
Blas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blas Molero Hidalgo
Ingeniero Industrial
Director

IBERISA
48011 BILBAO (SPAIN)
WEB: Blog de FEMAP & NX Nastran:

If you are viewing only a particular group, you will need to make sure that newly created entities are added to this group, in FEMAP, use Group - Operations - Automatic Add from the FEMAP menu, and set up whether or not new entities get added to a group, and to which one (active or to a particular group).

Mark.

You can try to change the following

in file/preferences/geometry set the correct units you work in. It solved a problem similar to this for me. Sounds unlogical, but this can me a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back