Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flygt N-series pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCSEng

Electrical
Dec 5, 2008
JM
The brochure for the Flygt N-series pump highlights some of its features as non-clogging and ability to pass solids. However, it did not state what size solids the these pumps will be able to pass.

I am currently reviewing the specifications for an NP-3171 pump with 4" inlet/outlet. Does anyone know what size solids this pump is capable of passing? Can you provide a link to the supporting literature?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Suggest you download the Flyps software. There you will find all the data for the N series pumps. The size of particle it can pass is on the pump curve. Also your local ITT Flygt representative should be able to provide the pump curve.

"Sharing knowledge is the way to immortality"
His Holiness the Dalai Lama.

The pump actually passes a 1.77" solid not 3" as stated by jgilla. Also, the Flyps software does not list the solids passing for any of the "N" pumps.

ITT Pump selection is now web based at Passage sizes are shown on the pump curves and during the selection procedure.

Also if you are in this business I suggest you get there rep to give you the SECAD software for design of pump stations. It is brilliant. It can be used for pumps, mixers and aeration design.

If you have special design criteria for your pump station then they can do CFD analysis or even physical modelling.

This is a great professional help to all designers of pump stations. The best contribution to the art I have seen in years.

"Sharing knowledge is the way to immortality"
His Holiness the Dalai Lama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back