Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Germany seeks arrest of Ukranian Diver for Nord Stream bombing 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Get a grip Alistair. His family might have been killed already in the first days of the war and he's dead in a forest from a Russian attack. Why would the Russians particularly care? Did the Russians run out of Ukrainian orphans to kill?

Nonetheless, leave it to the Germans to attempt to solve a case no one needed to have an answer for.

[fish] He's alive and diving in Tahiti in his $500,000,000 confiscated Russian oligarch, luxury flotel/dive boat. [fish]
[fish] Bought and paid for by American gas producers and consumers. [fish][fish]

--Einstein gave the same test to students every year. When asked why he would do something like that, "Because the answers had changed."

Our posts crossed. Concerning the part "No chance, he completely screwed the German economy."

PUTIN SCREWED THE GERMAN ECONOMY.

Let's just play this out. Ukraine charges Russia for gas transport. Russia opens a bypass. OK, that's how it is sometimes. Then Russia wipes Ukraine off the map and so there is no alternative. Where do Russian gas prices go then?

If you guess that Russia crushes the German economy by raising gas prices, being their sole source supplier, you win a gold star.

All that happened is that Russia lost out on war funding by bleeding money from the West to pay for killing Ukrainian children. Germany was already screwed by contracting with Putin.

Germany is screwed for technical skilled labour. Truth be told they were importing alot from the UK and had been all my life. Including myself. The German tax payer funded me training to be a pilot.

UK and Brexit stopped that. They have just opened up unconditional work visas to anyone that holds any form of qualification without a language requirement for German, for none EU nationals. Which puts it back to pre EU rules in Germany.

It's going the same way in France, Design houses in both in the 90's had scary amounts of Scottish educated engineers working in them.

At the time Scotland was pumping out 4-5000 engineering degrees 80% born in Scotland a year. Realistically only required under 500 for Scottish industry when the oil industry was in full expansion.

Consumers of American gas (both domestic and abroad) got the bill.

--Einstein gave the same test to students every year. When asked why he would do something like that, "Because the answers had changed."

I don't disagree with you 3D but realistically the same economic pressures are in place that were present for the start of WW2.

I know the history taught to me is significantly different to your side of the pond. Hell the British Army version is significantly different to the school stuff in the UK. But it was taught by some hairy tactical intelligence trained dude. I put more faith in his version than the lefty CND supporting teacher in school in the 80's. His version and techniques of analysis have worked out pretty correct for the last 30 years to be honest for me.

"Consumers of American gas (both domestic and abroad) got the bill."

We were getting the bill anyway. As efficiency has gone up natural gas companies and natural gas consumers have been raising rates with abandon. They keep changing billing details to cover up how much they are messing around. It used to be in "therms" a measure of the delivered heat energy. Now it's CFM, which may have more energy in it or less. Who knows? I cannot wait for it to be 20% nitrogen in the mix.

We would get the bill when Putin put the strangle on Germany to cut support for Ukraine.

"realistically the same economic pressures are in place that were present for the start of WW2."

Yeah - Germany is in a deep enough Depression that people are paid in wheel-barrows full of Deutschmarks they have to spend midday to have some value at the bread store that they won't have by evening. That's sarcasm. While Russia is getting closer to that, it's solely Putin's doing and he can stop it today.

The rest of what you wrote has nothing to do with the pipleline.

Btw the reason why it's gone CFM is because it's gone metric behind your back.

The gear is metric and in M3 of volume moved. All the control systems and sensors are metric. They just apply a software unit change to the consumer.

Not saying that they don't apply a fudge to screw the local consumers but global markets are metric and it would seriously mess the systems up if it was applied at primary level just for the US market.

Hence all cars have gone metric at base level. Even the ones only sold in USA. The production hardware is only available in metric

You got trained by Germany because the pipeline was sabotaged?
UK and Brexit stopped that because the pipeline was sabotaged?
Germany is importing labor because the pipeline was sabotaged?

I can't see what isn't there.

Sure. It started in the Carboniferous period without which there would not be fossil fuel.

Still not relevant to the pipeline getting sabotaged.

...and FN stupid, too.

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back