Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Hard Rock Hotel under construction in New Orleans collapses... 119

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I do not think the corridor framing or lack thereof caused the collapse - I am fully in line with
JAE (Structural)15 Oct 19 17:06
OK - looking at the framing plan there is an oddity in it - not sure if it could be considered a cause, at all, of the collapse.

And we may learn that the corridor slabs hanging by their edge have rebar in the slab for the purpose of providing the tie between the sections.
Were there any lateral bracing frames in the collapsed areas which should have provided lateral stability to that section? If not, its stability depended entirely on lateral ties to the bracing elements.
As to the "fuse" consideration - if it had collapsed completely, the demo could maybe have been completed by now.
Thank you.

Vance Wiley said:
As to the "fuse" consideration - if it had collapsed completely, the demo could maybe have been completed by now.
If it had collapsed completely, I'm sure a lot more people would have lost their lives as well. Let's not pretend that would have been a good thing.

[red]Please discontinue posting in this thread. [/red]

Go to thread815-467710 for any further posts.

This topic is broken into multiple threads due to the long length and many images creating longer load times for some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back