Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

how do you activate a new axis

Status
Not open for further replies.

boffin15

Jan 28, 2005
US
I have a V5 macro program that needs to use a different coordinate system for the model. So I tried the axis function to create a new axis. But I can't find a way to make it active. Workaround: move geometry all over the place, which is a pain.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thank you both for your help. I can certainly set the new axis to active. However, when I use the caliper thing to measure the coordinates of a point, the resulting values still come from the default axis, not the new one. I have heard that this may be a bug with V5R13.

Hi,

Which I could put some picture...

When you use the Measure item, you can use the "other axis" option and select any axis. (available in R12, can't remember about other release)

The point coord will by given according to this axis.

....So easy to show with a picture.... :((

indocti discant et ament meminisse periti
Eric N.

Hi itsmyjob,

I found the 'other axis' option in the caliper measurement thing, and it works, but doesn't that make the 'set axis as current' property in the axis on the tree, redundant? And since you have to pick the option with every measurement, my macro program will still not work, since it is designed around another axis which cannot be automatically accessed. It seems to me that the 'set current axis' parameter does not work, and should be on Dassault's list of things to fix.

Hi,

So if you have s scenario,open the PMR...DS might fixe it fr R15... who knows ?
If you don't know about PMR speak to your CATIA admin.

indocti discant et ament meminisse periti
Eric N.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back