Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

How much CO2 are you emitting? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

VisiGoth

An average person's respiration generates approximately 450 litres (roughly 900 grams) of carbon dioxide per day. Multiply that by 6 billion people and you will get around 6milion tones per day for the whole world population.

Inahalation of concentrations of CO2 above 0.1% became dangerous for the human beeing. In most of the great cities we have more than that.

Regards

Luis

Is there another that calculates the methane output from a diet of beans and cabbage ?

This gas is detrimental to the office environment

If you change your state you can see that either california gete 30% of its electrity from non CO2 sources or the pay a whole bunch more for their power or some combination. In my world I see a cause and effect pattern her.

You boys cut out those bean and cabbage diets now. It's not nice for others.

One lateral thinker I used to work with had a theory that it's not CO2 that's going to be the problem for the world it's fresh water.

His theory was this:
- a human body is 70% water
- this water is locked up until you die
- 6 billion plus bodies in the world and rising
- fresh water will be at a price

On the other hand, if the ice caps of Greenland, the North and South Poles melt, then more bodies may be required to soak up the water that that this produces and keep sea levels from rising too much.
I'm confused. I'll have a lay down in a cool room now.

Bill

hummmm, if I fly a milatary 757 from DC to SF, will that cancle out all the beans and cabbage? Could we rename this thread?

Oh well, back to morning for ANS and protesting the building of coal plants in areas that don't consume electricity and tell those states that consume it to build thier own power plants. se also

Beans and cabbage? You want nuclear holocaust, then fire up the internals with beer, kimchee and hard-boiled eggs.

And I work in an industry which takes natural gas from one place or another where there's a lot of it and sends it through a tube to far-away places who need it...

old field guy

In college we found Element 129, named it Toadidium, symbol T. Toadidium is found in a complext compound produced when oldfieldguy's mixture is processed. The compund is Florine, argon, toadidium and of course Sulfur.

Here's my new theory: Instead of the cause and effect relationship proposed by uncle AL whereby manmade releases of CO2 is causing global warming, I believe the natural cycle of the earths warming pattern is causeing more CO2 to be released into the atmoshere.

First proof is the Vic Camp Lake incident and others similar.

Second proof is the Bermuda triangle and sudden releases of methane or CO2 from hydrates or formations causing boats to lose bouyancy.

Higher temperatures cause faster metabolism by aerobic and anaerobic bacteria which release carbon dioxide and methane.

At least thats the trend I used in the design of waste water treatment plant components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back