Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to apply Coupling Constrain, and Rotation of 3D Model? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhavbhuti302

Mechanical
May 11, 2009
US
Hello Abaqus Users,

I am very new to Abaqus, and trying to rotate one gear related to other. When I try using the normal cylindrical constrain, I found that it rotates but it also expands the model. So, is there anyway I can rotate the model and other model rotates with that. Also, I feel that coupling constrain can actually help me, but I don't know how to apply coupling constrain. I tried using the abaqus manual but it's not too clear to me. Can anyone please help me to sort this problem out. I will appreciate if someone can upload very simple file having coupling constrain in it.

Thank you
Bhav

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I had a quick go trying to recreate a similar model to yours mosab2, but seem to have come across some problem of my own along the way. In response to your comment,

"I have a constraint (coupling) to the inner hole circumference surface. I used the same point to apply my boundary conditions, and i don´t have any problemsThank you"

The error message I obtain when I do apply my coupling and rotation to the same reference point is,

"1 nodes have dof on which velocity/displacement/acceleration/base motion etc contraints are specified simultaneosuly. The nodes have been identified in node set ErrNodeBCRedundantDof".

Not sure how I get past this one at the moment? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Dear all,

i was trying to model the two discs by:
Symmetric model generation, reflect
The problem is that when i do this a can´t generate set for master , sclave surface between the discs.

anyone know how can i do it?

Thank you

Hi OptiEng,

i was looking your .inp

i found that you have the RF has the node number=1, and your disc has also the same node number.

I think that if you change the node number of RF it will work.
My model is the same but the RF for each disc have the node number 400000 and 300000.

Good luck

Thats strange, I downloaded the two files and tried both into a new Abaqus 6.9-1 file and seemed to work ok? Sorry I am not sure what I am doing wrong?

Thank-you for your feedback,
I really need to become more familiar with the making adjustments via the input files, I also seem to go through the CAE instead. I tried changing the node number but it failed during the import? Do I just change the number once in the input file and where do I change this?

I am not familiar with the Symmetric model generation, but I will have a look into this, and if I come up with anything to help I will let you know.

Thanks everyone.

Thanks Mosab, please ignore my question above..

Can you explain a little more about your Symmetric model generation problem please?

Are you reflecting a specific portion?

Am I right in saying the only section of the input file that has changed is the 200000 and 300000 node numbers:

*Node
200000, -6.12303177e-16, 3.74927567e-32, 0.
*Node
300000, -6.12303177e-16, -60., 0.
*Nset, nset=_PickedSet30, internal
*Nset, nset=_PickedSet41, internal

Thanks

Dear OptiEng,
Yes, as you put before.

I´m sorry, but, can you send the ROTATING_DISC_FE.cae in format ROTATING_DISC_FE.inp

About my Symmetric model generation problem:
I did what the abaqus manual explained, and now i have the one disc, but the Symmetric model generation transport permit one model. So i used the Symmetric model generation, reflect, and i have the two discs, but the problem is:
As the second model is the reflected model the two discs have the same name set, and i don´t know how can i change this.

Thank you

Dear OptiEng,

I did it as the Abaqus manual explained (reflect model), and i had two same discs, but the problem was that: the set of the inner circle of the original model, after de reflect the set has the inner circle of the original model and the inner circle of the reflect model.

Maybe i can´t simulate the two discs as the Symmetric model generation.

Any help?????

Dear all.

Any one, can help me?

I want a model of two discs that each one has angular velocity 43 rad/sec.

Can you do it and send me the model?

Thank you

Lets pretend this is a new post and start over. Please post your model and/or a detailed picture or pictures of what you need. What are your inputs and end goals of the model.

Rob Stupplebeen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back