Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to couple piezoelectric elements in ABAQUS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ST21

Mechanical
Dec 8, 2017
GB
Hi, I'm using ABAQUS to model some vibrating piezoelectric energy harvesters. I'm aware that I need to couple the voltage degree of freedom of each piezoelectric element and assign them all the same value but I have no idea how to do this. I also need to connect a simple resistive load to the model, but again I'm not sure how to do this.

Unfortunately YouTube tutorials on piezoelectric elements are pretty much non-existent.

Any help is much appreciated!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There's a section in the User's Manual that discuses piezoelectric analyses/capabilities in detail.

There's also a section in the Example Problems Guide that includes a couple of piezoelectric analysis examples.

Might be some help

I've looked through the sections in the User Manual and Example Problems Guide on piezoelectric analysis but there isn't a walkthrough for either of the example problems. Only an input file is provided. I haven't learnt the keyboard commands for Abaqus so unfortunately it doesn't make any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back