Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to creat two perpendicular beams in one 3D space?

Status
Not open for further replies.

janna06

Structural
Sep 1, 2006
GB
Sorry for so many questions at one time. I've been used ABAQUS some time ago for other business but how I just couldn't get it done!:(

As for this one, I chose wire in 3D but can only using "planer" method. So only 2D data can be input while I want the beams in 3D construction.

Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are other methods for creating wires in ABAQUS/CAE, try the piecewise linear (you provide coordinates by keying in values, or by selecting vertices) or spline wire (similar, but the result is a smooth spline). These methods can give you a nonplanar wire.

Where is the "piecewise linear" module? Shall I choose "solid" or still "wire" when open this "creat" window?

Cheers

Janna

Never give up! It's there under Shape - Wire - Point to Point. One note is that you need a part already created to add this shape feature to it (makes sense really), so I suggest you create the new part using "Point" as the base feature...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back