Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to modify the dimension arrow tail length in NX9 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi
Right click the dimension and select Settings. In left pane of Settings select Line/Arrow->Arrowhead, In Right pane there will be "Length" setting under "Format" block, which controls length of Arrow.
All the dimension settings will be available under "Line/Arrow".

Ram K
NX 9,TeamCenter
Mechanical Design

I have been told you can't do this. Call GTAC open PR for an ER. I have seen this three or four times in the last couple months being askes

You can change the length, but not on existing dimensions. The length of the dimension line beyond the arrowhead is called the "dimension arrow out length factor". It takes the size of the dimension text and multiplies it by the supplied factor to determine the length of the dimension line. If you change the option in your customer defaults and inherit the settings to your part, newly created dimensions should follow the new setting. This means that you will need to delete and recreate any dimensions that you do not like.

The option can be found in the customer defaults.
Drafting -> general -> standard -> customize standard -> annotation -> line/arrow -> dimension arrow out length factor

www.nxjournaling.com

I do not understand why they could not put a "handle" on it so it could be dragged around. how new is this Function Cowski? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back