Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to visulize the shell thickness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dariushtari99

Mechanical
Jun 15, 2007
CA
Hi
Is it possible to visualize the thickness of shell elements?I mean to see the shell elements thined after deformation?
And also i wanted to knhow if it is possible to have S33(shell thickness direction)
thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

usually as i know the shell thickness does not have any components.it can just be visualized by choosing the sth variable from the results output.thats all i know

I don't know if is possible see the s33 direction, but you can plot the stress to different section point of the shell, for examplo you can see the value on the middle of the thickness and on the upper and lower face.
You must asked on output the section point writing:

*ELEMENT OUTPUT
S,
PE,

Regards

Shell thickness visualization is not possible in CAE..but you can take it to some other software may be Hyperworks for visualizing..that too I am not sure
Only thing is you can view stresses on both top layer bottom layer and mid section

As the shell is define you can't see the S33 value because the thickness is too small so the value of S33 is ignored because appare less than other value (you can see it on shell theory).
If you wont see it you must use 3D model.
Another question, Can you said me how can change the average on the solution result?How can see the value on the element without average?

Regards

Go to Results----------->Option------>Computation--->Averaging
UNCHECK the "Average Element Output at Nodes"
This way you can get unaveraged result
There you have various other options
Deva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back