HRSG Inspection Plan 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRSGuser

Industrial
Dec 10, 2010
NL
Dear all,

I am looking for an inspection plan for an HRSG including pressure piping. Triple pressure, horizontal design, ASME code and heated by a GT26 gasturbine (50 Hz equivalent for GT24). Located at Lelystad, The Netherlands an just starting commercial running.

Best regards,

Martin

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks MJCronin and metengr for your reply.

Original question:

Dear all,I am looking for an inspection plan for an HRSG including pressure piping. Triple pressure, horizontal design, ASME code and heated by a GT26 gasturbine (50 Hz equivalent for GT24). Located at Lelystad, The Netherlands an just starting commercial running.Best regards,Martin

Additional information:

I am talking about an in-service inspection plan and it was not supplied by the builder.

Any HRSG users with an in-service inspection plan?
Any suggestions were to post (eng-tip forum group)this question?

All the best,

Martin from 13th floor with view of skyline of Zwolle

Thanks for the reply.

Information enough about locations to inspect.

Has anyone information about the extent (percentage) of inspection?

Best wishes,

Typically your initial examination should be quite detailed to determine the presence of

(a) deterioration due to fabrication defects which may have not been detected during commissioning
(b) any deterioration mechanisms that may be particular to your boiler.

Once the condition is known and deterioration mechanisms and rates established you can drop the level of inspection.

I would concentrate most effort on the high hazard items (e.g. steam drums & headers) but ideally you should first understand the deterioration mechanisms that may cause your equipment to fail and the prospective nature and rates (plus how easy it is to detect) to determine the level of inspection - a so called 'Risk Based Inspection' approach (there's a whole field on RBI).

We are an inspection body and develop inspection plans (technical reviews) for HRSGs and other boilers. If you want to discuss things further then get in touch.

Cheers

Adam.

Adam Potter MEng CEng MIMechE

John thanks for reply.

I know your company and I ordered two books from your company website two year ago. Good stuff. Very instructive.

I was looking for experiences and in-service inspection plan to get more grip on scope (%) and location to inspect by learning from others.

Unfortenately my company executes their own maintenace. Feel free to leave a copy of an in-service inspection plan for ALstom triple pressure HRSG.

Best regards,

Martin

I would recommend you look at the Combined Cycle Journal (CCJ) 3Q/2008 Pages 2 - 26, "Learn The Basics of HRSG Inspection" - great article. Also, if your powerplant has main steam and hot reheat bypass valves without liners in them, i highly recommend you inspect the downstream circ welds just below the spray nozzles with video inspection on the I.D. weld and WFMT on the O.D. weld. Also, check to see if your HRSG unit(s) have attemperators on them with liners as well. Depending on what your plant design pressures/temperatures are, you may have some P91 main steam/hot reheat piping that may need inspection. Lastly, this sounds like a good opportunity to get some base line UT readings on your boiler feed pump discharge piping (assuming its carbon steel) for FAC purposes.

Hope this helps.

Richard.

There are some very specific issues for the Alstom ICS24/26 HRSGs due to their unique configuration (part horizontal, part vertical tube panels). There have also been some material issues which are not common to the more traditional triple pressure (horizontal gas path) HRSGs elsewhere. Investigate particularly the SH and RH sections for cracking damage and also the cold end for FAC damage. These have occurred at multiple of these plants.

John, thanks for your reply.

At this moment we are working at future inspection program. So any information is welcome.

Best regards,

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back