IMPORT DXF

Status
Not open for further replies.

nibola

Mechanical
Oct 2, 2006
US
Hello

Probably it has been asked several times, but I have problems importing dxf and dwg files. Most of the times only a few lines are imported. Does anyone know how to improve this? I work in I-deas 12

Thanks in advance and best regards

Nibola

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try Exploding everything (blocks for example) not dimensions before brining it into I-Deas. Also try saving your DXF or DWG files as release 2004 (r12 is better) and or earlier in autocad.

Check your view scale after you import the file also.

And, if you can, use always DXF than DWG. The DWG format and I-DEAS aren't good friends. Another option is to work with CGM files but they are only lines and all the letters and annotation will become lines.

Regards,

Hello

Thanks to both of you. The problem is that the drawings are sent by a costumer and I don't have Autocad at work, so I cannot explode blocks or import in a different format

Regards

I have found that some entities occasionally drop off the side of the sheet.
Try increasing the paper size on the drawing sheet to a much large size 10000 x 10000 or similar. Now move all of the views into the middle of the sheet and change border size of all views to the size of the sheet. Extra geometry may appear.

Hello

Thank you IdeasNative. I already tryed it before, but doesn't work. Just some lines and text are imported. I think that we should migrate to a newer version of I-deas, or to import from older versions of Autocad.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back