Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing dxf file in NX11 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

venomex

Automotive
Jan 12, 2015
IN
Hello,

I have imported a dxf file to NX, but it is showing the drawing in the modelling application, not in the drawing application.
Is there a mistake I am doing while importing dxf file?

0_i7imjm.png

Pratham,
Using NX 11

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

How are you importing this DXF? If you are using the standalone translator you can change your options from "Modeling" To drawing view and or drawing sheet

I am using the Import wizard after opening an empty drawing sheet which I use as Input/work part(not new part)for the dxf file is to be imported to. The workflow is set as drawing in the Option tab

Pratham,
Using NX 11

Sorry I get the same results you did by doing your workflow. Maybe contact GTAC or someone else may have an idea. I usually use the standalone translator in NX10.

If you import to "new part", you can specify (in the "options" page of the wizard) where to send the model and layout data. If you import to an existing part, you don't get these options (I don't know why).

www.nxjournaling.com

@SDETERS
Can you please explain what you mean by stand alone translator?
I'll try and check if it works...

@cowski
True, a few Options are hidden when converting to work part when compared to new part.

I have to contact GTAC itself....

Pratham,
Using NX 11

If you go to your "Windows start" then "all programs' then "siemens NX11" then "translators" and then "DXF/DWG".
Here you can specify "settings" through edit settings and translate the DXF and or DWG without even going into NX. You may need to work on setting up an environment variable to set your Java home to a location that contain your Java. See our Example below.

UGII_JAVA_HOME
B:\TC_Java64\jre1.8.0_60

Thanks for the info SDETERS, but sadly it gave same results as before....2d drawing in 3d Environment...I'll check with Support Team...

Pratham,
Using NX 11

Did you make sure your settings was set to drawing sheet or drawing view vs modeling? I have done many in NX10. I have not tried NX11. This is Not good. Hope you get it figured out. Please post if you get it figured out with GTAC. thanks

@ SDETERS,
It worked with drawing view. I tried drawing sheet earlier which had not worked.
Thanks a ton for the help and tip.
Support Team said that they'll look into it(Import wizard)...Will update if I get to know something ..
Thanks again

Pratham,
Using NX 11

They are not sure of what is creating the Problem yet, but said that they'll try to find the error and patch it soon

Pratham,
Using NX 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back