Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Importing WAVE-linked parts into Teamcenter with a "reparent" part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeagsman85

Mechanical
Mar 12, 2012
US
I'm currently in the process of importing several NX 7.5 parts into Teamcenter 2007. A few of the parts have WAVE geometry as a part of the model. When I tried to import one of the parts, it tried to pull in a parent part that doesn't exist anymore. I went back in and reassigned the links to the replacement part and tried to import it again. This time, it came up looking for several parts with a naming convention similar to "reparentYeag555Csxya". The replacement part that I re-linked to is already in Teamcenter. Is that the part that it's looking for?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

As an update, I also have several parts that appear to reference some other part when I try to import them. The catch is that I cannot find out how the outside part is being referenced. I've looked in the "Expressions" dialog box as well as the "Interpart Link Browser" and cannot find any mention of the extraneous parts. In fact, I've discovered that some of the parts that Teamcenter tries to pull in do not even exist anymore. I have no idea where the files are. Is there any other way to find out how these unnecessary parts are being referenced or at least manually prevent them from being imported? What would happen if a referenced part was not imported?

I ran into the same/similar issue during a Teamcenter migration. I called them dead references; to fix them run part cleanup with the option delete unused objects turned on (in the moderate delete actions section). This will purge the unused reference and they will import cleanly into TC.

www.nxjournaling.com

Wow! That took care of about 95% of my problems! I still have a couple stubborn references though. Any other suggestions? I can't find anything within the part that indicates there is a reference to an external part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back