Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Industrial barcode terminals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob524

Electrical
Dec 29, 2004
US
Anybody have any advise on industrial barcode terminals ? I've got an unusually harsh environment and sticking a laser gun onto a PC just won't work. Companies I'm looking at are Intelligent Instrumentation, Lynx, Citadel and Epic Data.

Any others I should look at ? Any comments on these ?

Bob

PS- I must buy USA made only so both Symbol and Intermec are excluded.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks but I'll avoid PLC's at all cost. Probably going to use some Ce.Net terminal but need to find a vendor.

Thanks anyway,
Bob

We use several Micro-scan barcode readers in our plant. The MS-850 model rasters which helps when it comes to damaged barcodes. Our readers are connected either serially to a PC or to our network.

It's a textile plant and the fiber goes airborne and covers stuff so it needs to be dustproof and possibly hose down. IP66/nema 4 rating is what we're after.

We're leaning toward a product named LANpoint by Texas Instruments ( but still haven't decided.

Thanks for any inputs,
Bob Auman

Those guys sound perfect for your application. I saved their web site in my Favorites if I ever need them!

I work with a company that does ergonomic plant floor solutions - almost all of our stuff has to be NEMA4X, Stainless Steel, and we do some hazardous stuff too, so the scanners we use are mostly Symbol/Intermec. Advantech and Woodhead both have CE solutions for this type of stuff when there's no scanning...I've successfully used their products.

Yep, they have some nice industrial terminals and all are Ce.Net and Made in the USA. They used to be named Burr Brown before TI bought them.

We probably would have gone with Symbol but we found out they are reselling a terminal that is manufactured overseas. And my company will absolutely only buy US designed and manufactured products. The textile industry has been almost totally outsourced to overseas , low cost countries and our management is very sensitive on this issue.

Go USA manufacturing !!

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back