Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Industrial Inkjet Printers

Status
Not open for further replies.

falldp13

Mechanical
Jun 5, 2003
US
The company I work for is attempting to get into servicing industrial inkjet printer units (i.e., Marsh, FoxJet, Imaje, etc.).
We NEED to locate a source for service manuals and especially spare parts.
The OEM's do not want to help due to their considering this "taking food from their table."
Any ideas on how I can find the necessary equipment manuals (service manuals) and spare parts?
Thanks,
Dan

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You may have quite a challenge in front of you. Probably the easiest way to get all that information would be to apply to be an "Authorized Service Center". Other than that, try to recruit someone who has worked at a service center.

When I was working as a technician in a food processing plant, I serviced all the ink-jet printers (Imaje, Marsh, Willett-Labeljet). Technical manuals were not hard to get, as long as a printer unit was purchased. The manuals were fairly complete, though I am sure the factory service personnel had better ones. Much of the parts are proprietary, so they will have to be purchased from the manufacturer.

Dear Dan,

We seem to be in the same boat exactly. May I ask you how you have dealt with your issue so far ? A strong supplier of spare part for Imaje jet printers is our priority.

Awaiting your soonest response,

Thanks
Farzin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back