internal braces of truss frame and roof braces locations 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTTKAO

Mining
Aug 24, 2022
CA
Hello All,

I am working on a truss system industrial building, this building is for 100t bridge crane. i have a few questions about my truss internal braces and roofing braces. wondering can get some advice and suggestion from you.

1. for the truss internal braces, is it common if the truss internal braces is not symmetric to truss ridge due to the end wall columns is not symmetric?

2. for roof braces, wondering is it common or ok if I put braces across the roof ridge?

3. for the end wall columns, I am assuming truss system provide support at the top , is there any specific requirement for the roof braces system.

please see attached pic foe detail information. for my view, i think my system is ok from 3D analysis and suggestions from DG-07 guide.

Thank you for any advice and any suggestions.

[URL unfurl="true"]https://res.cloudinary.com/engineering-com/image/upload/v1719242464/tips/pic_1_naypxn.pdf[/url]
[URL unfurl="true"]https://res.cloudinary.com/engineering-com/image/upload/v1719242465/tips/pic_2_wo4ht8.pdf[/url]

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Trusses do not need to be symmetrical about their centerline. They can be any shape, really. Form usually follows function.

Classic truss interior panels must all be triangular shaped. You seem to violate this basic truss tenet at your ridge, which is concerning.

You should have a panel point at the ridge to remove eccentricity in the top chord.

Why are you placing your panel points in line with the end columns?

There are requirements for stability type braces, however for a roof truss you should have higher forces from lateral loads.

Hi JLNJ,

yes, the truss internal braces is a bit wired. that's why i am struggling to use it. for the folded top chord, i think if i am using CJP at the ridge joint, even it's not a triangle , the truss is still keeping stability.

Hi Cold,

could you explain more how to remove eccentricity in the top chord by adding strut or brace at the ridge? do you mean the top chord is folded column, the biggest offset happened at the ridge ?

if there is no panel point at the end wall columns, how can we provide stability support at the top for the end columns parallel to ridge direction ? seems can only rely on the adjacent top chord weak axix bending stiffness ? this is relating to my question 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back