Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is ChasBean capable of the HVAC PE exam? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChasBean1

Mechanical
Jun 8, 2001
US
Quick vent: I’ve been on this site since the dark ages although I haven’t posted anything in a while. I’ve developed good (but never-met) friends: Quark, Imok, MintJulep, Liliput, Abby, SAK9, IRStuff, etc.. - you all know who you are.

I’m two weeks away from an HVAC PE exam and have been doing practice tests. Gosh darn. I’m f’d. I have (what I used to believe) to be a very strong working knowledge of HVAC but a poor and faded academic knowledge of it.

G.D. COPs of ammonia refrigeration cycles. Isentropic compression. Q = UA dT across G.D. walls. What's the f'ing temperature at Surface C. F’ing NPSHa vs. NPSHr calcs…

Lord help me. I should’ve taken this test a while ago…

Vent over. Respect to all! -CB

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thank you all! Didn't realize there's an extra $150 for the stamp. So just paid that today. Send me all your f'd up designs and I'll stamp them for you, for a small fee... Lol!

Congrats. Lessons learned for younger engineers: take the tests as early as possible, the more experience you get the more you are bored with theory for which you know exactly how useful it is.

Hello ChasBean,
Do we have a new HPAC-PE Engineer?
I remember you very well, we change some good technical stuff maybe 10 to 12 years ago.
At that time you gave me very interesting tips.
Now I'm just coming back with another name "Coughar", because I just forgot the older one.
So tell me the good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back