Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I've been doing lean six sigma sinc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iskit4iam

Mechanical
Jun 20, 2001
US
I've been doing lean six sigma since before it was called lean six sigma but never did the black belt certification. Now I'm in the job market and wonder if I should get a certification. I'm particularily interested in Villinova's program but not sure its worth $5500 to get certified. Any advice.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm also thinking about it. But my company pays for it, but I don't want to be in the Black Belt Group (have to serve some time if they pay)

I am taking the Project management certification classes and will start an MBA in august I think being able to manage time and resources to make a product or complete a project with the least cost effective design is vital in an engineering career

A major problem with Sigma6 though it is a good program is that it is based on conflict resolution. This works OK the first time, but unless you plan to manage by conflict, which is never cost effective, there comes a time when you need to look elsewhere. Which is also true of the typical 8 week MBA propgram that teaches that training is better than experience, a balance of the two beats either one.

Going back to the original, though less hyped Deming methodology is certainly less abrasive, or use of the Kendall-Rollings Advanced Project Management techniques.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back