Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

latent heat values

Status
Not open for further replies.

curve3104

Mechanical
May 27, 2004
US
Anyone know where a good source online would be for latent heat values of various materials, namely oils?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks Juan, can you answer a question about the spreadsheet...what kind of crazy unit is the density and conductivity given in? Also, I do not see the latent heat values for phase changes...

Looks like a good sheet thought...are you familiar with how it works? Can you add fluids knowing the fluid properties?

THANKS!

I haven't noticed that there were no latent heat values, sorry. I found the page looking for viscosity and specific heat at different temperatures. I think that those crazy units are related with the API gravity (Petroleum standars), in the first sheet.

About the density, I just took the specific gravity and multiply it by the water density.

Also, to add a fluid you can add (or replace) properties in the first sheet: API grav, and viscosity at 104°F and 212°F (you can easily find those). Maybe the density is related to petroleum standars.

I hope it could help you.

JuanMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back