Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

2000mustanggtguy

Mechanical
Mar 16, 2005
US
How do add a library which is on the network (Z:\SW\) drive to my design library? [mad]
Would anybody know why my Library does not display the Design library directory and the Tool Box directories in the side pull window?

Mechanical Designer
Salt Lake City, Utah

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can't.
The design library is located on the local drive.

Either add a shortcut to the netwok location in the lower window or add a new file location to the upper pane (my preference) and name it "network library" or "library features" or something else descriptive to you.

Remember...
[navy]"If you don't use your head,[/navy] [idea]
[navy]your going to have to use your feet."[/navy]

There is a icon at top of the right window "add file location". I create the link to a folder on the network, created "copy options wizared" and sent to all users.
Now everyone has the option.

Chris
Sr. Mechanical Designer, CAD
SolidWorks 05 SP1.1 / PDMWorks 05
ctopher's home site

You actual can link the design library to the a server ("\\servername\foldername\yourcommondesignlibraryfolder"). I currently have a common design library on our server which does work. To do this you need to go to options>File Locations>Design Library and delete the existing and add your new path. Remember to copy the existing off your box and put in where your new locations is planned to be. The key is not to create a drive but add the direct path itself.

example \\servername\foldername\designlibrary

Cheers

Terry Ables
Micro Plastics Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back