Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Make sheetmetal bend notes aligned to bend lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgnx

Mechanical
Nov 4, 2018
DE
How to change settings in CUSTOMER DEFAULTS to make bend notes aligned to bend lines instead of LEADERED? I know how to do this in drafting preference, but this needs to be done for each drawing. In customer defaults, i didnt get any option to do this change in CUSTOMER DEFAULTS.

Also, i made a drawing by changing this bend note from LEADERED to ALIGNED in DRAFTING PREFERENCE, but the notes overlapping on bend lines and i cant move them. Is there any other changes to be made again?

attached the drawing for reference.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=527a1f3d-c4b7-4e48-8558-e8416817a81d&file=sheet_metal_model10_dwg1.prt
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Do you use a drawing template when making your drawings? If so, open the template file and make the changes to the drafting preferences then save the file. Changing the customer defaults will only apply to a new "blank" drawing; it won't affect new drawings made from a template part.

www.nxjournaling.com

Ok, in case if anyone having same problem as i am.

Double click on the bend notes, make Auto alignment=Non associative and now you should be able to move the notes.

bend_note_xe7vyp.png

Thank you everyone.

I was having similar trouble finding a way to set bendline notes to Aligned by default as well. I could find it in Drafting Preferences after creating a drawing, changing it in the preferences then placing a view or by using a template drawing file that i had changed the Drafting Preferences option to "Aligned" and saved the template but i could not get it to bet set to anything other then leadered by default if i used a blank part. i can only find the option in Drafting Preferences and not in Customer Defaults nor in Custom Drafting Standards.

Drafting Preferences
Flat Pattern View
Callout Configuration
Orientation -> Aligned | Leadered

Customer Defaults
Drafting
Flat Pattern View
Callouts -> No Orientation Options listed at all.

Customer Defaults
Drafting
General/Setup
Standard -> Customized Standard
Nothing can be found for Callouts for Flat Pattern Views.

Flat Pattern View Settings
Flat Pattern View
Callouts -> Not able to change a view directly via this method. Must use 'Inherit Settings Source' set to Preferences to get it to change to what you set in Drafting Preferences as you can't change it in Customer Defaults so that option wont change them (plus you have to delete the bendline notes before this or they won't change/update either if you've already created the view not realising they weren't set how you wanted).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back